VITA provides free income tax preparation assistance to individuals and families with a household income of $60,000 a year or less. Last year, 300 community volunteers helped over 10,000 people save $9.1 million in tax refunds and ITIN filing. As you can see, great volunteers are key to our success.
Many in our community do not have access to affordable tax preparation services or are unaware of potential tax credits and deductions that they are entitled to receive. VITA Volunteers ensure that all individuals and families claim all of the credits for which they qualify!
No Experience Necessary!
Training is free
Fun, easy and rewarding
Please visit our VITA Volunteer website at VITAVolunteer.org find out exactly how to become a VITA Volunteer! If you have any questions, please email VITA@unitedwaygc.org or call (864) 382-3325.
- Tax Preparer
- Must be certified (at least) at Basic Level through the IRS Link & Learn website.
- Interview taxpayers using the IRS Intake/Interview & Quality Review Sheet.
- Prepare only returns that are within their certification level(s) and within the scope of the VITA program.
- Provide high-quality tax return preparation to taxpayers who qualify for VITA assistance.
- Enter tax information into the TaxWise software.
- Obtain signatures for E-File authorization.
- Answer questions and/or use available resources to assist taxpayers.
- Adhere to Quality Site Requirements and Volunteer Standards of Conduct at all times.
- Maintain taxpayer privacy and confidentiality standards.