VITA provides free income tax preparation assistance to individuals and families with a household income of $60,000 a year or less. Last year, 300 community volunteers helped over 10,000 people save $9.1 million in tax refunds and ITIN filing. As you can see, great volunteers are key to our success.
Many in our community do not have access to affordable tax preparation services or are unaware of potential tax credits and deductions that they are entitled to receive. VITA Volunteers ensure that all individuals and families claim all of the credits for which they qualify!
No Experience Necessary!
Training is free
Fun, easy and rewarding
Please visit our VITA Volunteer website at VITAVolunteer.org find out exactly how to become a VITA Volunteer! If you have any questions, please email VITA@unitedwaygc.org or call (864) 382-3325.
VITA Greeters create a organized and pleasant environment in high volume preparation centers. The position requires organization, professional interactions with other volunteers and key stakeholders, and the application of high ethical standards and adherence to Internal Revenue Service policies, procedures, and guidelines. Tasks include:
- Greet all taxpayers visiting the site to create a pleasant atmosphere
- Provide taxpayers with intake forms and answer non-tax questions
- Ensure the taxpayer has brought all required documents to verify taxpayer identity and complete tax return
- Determine if the return is within the scope of the VITA program and determine which certified volunteer can prepare the return
- Manage waiting and entry areas to maintain the flow of taxpayers according to site operational procedures